“Go Local!”

“Go Local!” is GWN's motto, starting from May 27, 2008, a motto started by GWN Founder Diane Zhou's dad. “So many big chain companies, like McDonald's, own newspapers that turned from local to national or worldwide. That loses the meaning of 'local news', so I support GWN,” Diane's dad told GWN. GWN is being motivated by this motto. Without it, GWN would have disappeared long ago in November, 2007!

New News

The STAR Testing
Doesn't everyone know that it's the dreadful STAR Testing time? Easy or hard? It seems easy for most. But last year people were saying it was easy too, though a fourth grader told Gingerbread Weekly News, “I thought it was so easy. But in August last year, the scores came out. I got something around 490 to 500 [out of 600] in language. My family went to check what I got wrong and I only got 3 problems wrong! I believe it [STAR Testing] isn't all that easy, but it still seems to be this year.”
Do you think STAR Testing is easy or hard?

A Writing Contest
Gingerbread Weekly News wants to have a writing contest with the topic: a gingerbread mystery.
Prize: 2 pencils, your choice (1st place only)
First, second, and third will all get a certificate.
First place winner's story will be attached to the end of the next Gingerbread Weekly News.
Good Luck to all!!!

No comments: