“Go Local!”

“Go Local!” is GWN's motto, starting from May 27, 2008, a motto started by GWN Founder Diane Zhou's dad. “So many big chain companies, like McDonald's, own newspapers that turned from local to national or worldwide. That loses the meaning of 'local news', so I support GWN,” Diane's dad told GWN. GWN is being motivated by this motto. Without it, GWN would have disappeared long ago in November, 2007!

Mail Pail

Here's all the mail GWN received this week:

Debate Time (Yard Work or Homework?):

“I don't know which I'll rather do, but if you want to pick one, I will choose yard work. You can breath in the fresh air and spend more time with your family members. Many people don't really know much about their family members because they don't talk to them. I will rather do yard work.” Chloris Li, 5th Grade
I would rather play piano because in the process of elimination, 3 choices: homework, piano, and yard work. I hate homework and yard work, and piano's okay, so I like piano the most.”
Emily Wang, 4th grade
Whichever is easier. If there's hard homework, I'd sweep leaves outside for yard work.” Vicky Sun, 5th grade

Same as my sister, only I'd rather rake leaves.”
Nicole Sun, 5th grade
I'd rather do yard work since I hate piano and homework.” Cynthia Yao, 5th grade

Remember “What's this?” from last week? It was a root in the ground! Congratulations to: Vicky Sun, Bryan Yan, Deanna Wong, Emily Wang, and Chloris Li.
Good guess:
Nicole Sun, Austin Xiong, and Susan Pham, who guessed a worm.
Nice unique idea,
Cynthia Yao, who guessed a vine!

No comments: