“Go Local!”

“Go Local!” is GWN's motto, starting from May 27, 2008, a motto started by GWN Founder Diane Zhou's dad. “So many big chain companies, like McDonald's, own newspapers that turned from local to national or worldwide. That loses the meaning of 'local news', so I support GWN,” Diane's dad told GWN. GWN is being motivated by this motto. Without it, GWN would have disappeared long ago in November, 2007!

Mail Pail

Here's all the mail GWN received this week:

Debate Time (Which Field Trip/Vacation?):
I'd rather go on a vacation because there's no homework, school work, I can bring my DS, I don't have to wake up too early, you can go to different places, and there would be NO SCIENCE LAB.” Emily Wang, 4th grade
I would like to go to the Tech Museum because it seems really fun!” Cynthia Yao, 5th grade
The mission, since I never went there before.” Alex Zhou, 2nd grade
I would go to Florida because I never went there before.” Susan Pham, 5th grade
“I would choose vacation because you get more fun than boring field trips. You could also live in hotels and eat in restaurants.” Yiming Ye, 4th grade
I would want to go to Florida because we never went there.” Vicky Sun, 5th grade

Debate Time (GWN Ticket Deal):

I think its a great idea!” Susan Pham, 5th grade
How many tickets will a Dole cost? I think 1 ticket should also be worth 5 pieces of candy (example: Skitters). It doesn't have to be "5" pieces but it can be like "3". Will I be able to sell my treats for tickets? Sometimes I might have something good for lunch or any sort of prizes. Can I trade with you?” With concern, Chloris Li, 5th grade, Friend of Ardenwood Elementary School

No comments: