“Go Local!”

“Go Local!” is GWN's motto, starting from May 27, 2008, a motto started by GWN Founder Diane Zhou's dad. “So many big chain companies, like McDonald's, own newspapers that turned from local to national or worldwide. That loses the meaning of 'local news', so I support GWN,” Diane's dad told GWN. GWN is being motivated by this motto. Without it, GWN would have disappeared long ago in November, 2007!

Mail Pail

Here's all the mail GWN received this week:

Debate Time (Favorite Book & Favorite Author):
“My all-time favorite book is The Ersatz Elevator from The Series of Unfortunate Events. I have many favorite authors, but my favorite is Lemony Snicket, the author who wrote my favorite book.” Chloris Li, 5th
“The Bad Beginning 10; The Reptile Room 8. Both by Lemony Snicket.” Nicholas Lien, 4th
“The Diary of a Wimpy Kid 10, it's so funny!” Nicole Tong, 5th
“Lizzie McGuire: Lizzie Goes Wild 9.999... I like it because it's funny and realistic.” Olivia Li, 4th
“My favorite book is 'Lunch Money' by Andrew Clements. I would rate it a 7. My favorite author is Andrew Clements.” Susan Pham, 5th
“favorite book: The Cricket in Times Square. Rating: 7. favorite author: George Seldon.” Deanna Wong, 5th
“Island of the Blue Dolphins by Scott O'Dell. Rating: 9.” Cynthia Yao, 5th
“Book: Harry Potter [series] and Alex Rider [series]. Author: J.K. Rowling and Anthony Horrowitz. Rating: 10.” Emily Wang, 4th
“Favorite Author: Jerry Spinelli.” Katherine Xiao, 4th
“Favorite Book: Physik.” Andy Wang, 7th

Turtie's Kitchen Weekly?:
“Turtie's Kitchen should be weekly. That way, it will be more fun!” Chloris Li, 5th
“Yes, you should have Turtie's Kitchen weekly.” Susan Pham, 5th
“Yes I want Turtie's Kitchen every week.” Deanna Wong, 5th
“Sure, Turtie's Kitchen weekly.” Emily Wang, 4th
“I think Turtie's Kitchen should be weekly because some people like to see new recipes.” Cynthia Yao, 5th

No comments: