“Go Local!”

“Go Local!” is GWN's motto, starting from May 27, 2008, a motto started by GWN Founder Diane Zhou's dad. “So many big chain companies, like McDonald's, own newspapers that turned from local to national or worldwide. That loses the meaning of 'local news', so I support GWN,” Diane's dad told GWN. GWN is being motivated by this motto. Without it, GWN would have disappeared long ago in November, 2007!

Mail Pail

Debate Time (Honorable Mentions?):
“I think every 5 people, there should be one Honorable Mention Award. That way, GWN won't have to make that much awards but not too little.” Chloris Li, 5th grade
“Two honorable mentions, One for a boy, one for a girl. It seems fair for me.” Yiming Ye, 4th grade
“One honorable mention, for the person that the judges think work hardest.” Olivia Li, 4th grade
“1 to 4, a girl, a boy, the most creative, and 1 who worked the hardest.” Nicole Tong, 5th grade
“Yes, there should be honorable mention. There should be 5.” Deanna Wong, 5th grade
“No, because it would be too complicated.” Vicky Sun, 5th grade
“No, because it wouldn't seem fair for people who didn't win.” Nicole Sun, 5th grade
“Yes, because there are a lot of entries. There should be 10 honorable mention awards.” Alex Zhou, 2nd grade
“Yes, You should have honorable mention awards. I think you should have one for everyone :]” Susan Pham, 5th grade
“Yes, I think there should be honorable mentions because it really isn't fair if only 3 people can win. There are many unique drawings that might not have a chance of winning and that's not really fair.” Amanda Chang, 5th grade
“I think there should be honorable mentions because there are so many entries and it's hard to win. GWN is just for fun, so why be so strict to just the first three places? As being a judge, I would like to give everyone honorable mention awards for their very best picture and I personally think, truly, that everyone so far did a great job.” Diane Zhou, 5th grade
“Yes, I want 3 honorable mentions becuase there are more winners.” Katherine Xiao, 4th grade

Debate Time (El Niño or Global Warming?):
“I think it's El Niño because "The Inconvenient Truth" isn't true.”
Daniel Lam, 5th grade

Comments on Diane's Ice Skating Competition:
“Good job Diane!” Nicole Tong, 5th grade

Other Comments:
“For Memorial Day, my grandparents came back from China. I was so happy! They came back with 2 full suitcases of food and clothes for me!” Nicole Tong, 5th grade

No comments: