“Go Local!”

“Go Local!” is GWN's motto, starting from May 27, 2008, a motto started by GWN Founder Diane Zhou's dad. “So many big chain companies, like McDonald's, own newspapers that turned from local to national or worldwide. That loses the meaning of 'local news', so I support GWN,” Diane's dad told GWN. GWN is being motivated by this motto. Without it, GWN would have disappeared long ago in November, 2007!

Mail Pail

Debate Time (Teach About Holidays):
“I think that schools should teach students about different holidays. It is not like you are trying to change someone's religion or something, it is just telling them about different things other people do.” Chloris Li, 5th Grade
I think schools should teach students about the holidays since that way, they get a chance to learn about the holidays and know how to celebrate them.Cynthia Yao, 5th grade
I think they should when the holiday is near, not like three years before the holiday.” Brigitte Gong, 5th grade

Debate Time (Tired while Fun?):
“In my opinion, I think it is worth it being tired to get up that peak. You would want to have this record in your life diary. It is a precious thing to do what other people can't do. Don't you think so?” Chloris Li, 5th Grade
Of course it's not worth it. It was just a waste of time! You could have been at home relaxing.” Cynthia Yao, 5th grade
I think it was worth it, if the view was good. If not, oh well. =)” Brigitte Gong, 5th grade


(Chloris Li generously sent a note to Diane!)
Congratulations! 98% is really good! Does CM stand for California Music or something else? RSM is mine. It stand for Royal Schools of Music. It is from England. There are only 8 grades and it is really hard. This year, I am doing theory. I will be going to Eastbay State for the testing. It is a state college. Anyways, congratulations still. Nice score!

Comments From GWN's Website
(Visit the website too! http://www.freewebs.com/gingerbreadwklynews)
This new website is totally cool! It has issues on it every week (almost)! There can also have videos downloaded to it. You can put almost anything! GWN should keep on doing it!” Chloris Li, 5th Grade
I like the website. It's a really good idea and I like going online even though I can't go on the computer every day.” Cynthia Yao, 5th grade
I love the website.” Glenn Shaw, 5th grade

(From the Guestbook at the Website)
(See other comments and cool things at the website too!)

:-) Hi...I'm signing the Guestbook.....what a wonderful website you have!” Tiffany Chen, 7th grade
Great job to Diane for creating such a nice website!:-)” Amanda Chang, 5th grade
Cool! I think this blog is a good idea.” Cynthia Yao, 5th grade
Hi! This is a nice blog, finally<_> You finally have a blog.Andy Wang, 7th grade
“Gingerbread Weekly News is really cool! I hope the editors will keep on doing this.” Chloris Li, 5th grade
“I love GWN! It rocks!” Nicole Tong, 5th grade

(Ratings...)
“A very nice website!” Amanda Chang, 5 star rating!!!
“Hi, nice blog, you should make it show the correct time someone typed it in.” Emily Wang, 5th grade, 4 star rating
“This site is really cool! I wish this will last forever!” Chloris Li, 5 star rating!!!

No comments: