“Go Local!”

“Go Local!” is GWN's motto, starting from May 27, 2008, a motto started by GWN Founder Diane Zhou's dad. “So many big chain companies, like McDonald's, own newspapers that turned from local to national or worldwide. That loses the meaning of 'local news', so I support GWN,” Diane's dad told GWN. GWN is being motivated by this motto. Without it, GWN would have disappeared long ago in November, 2007!

Cover Story

Kung Fu Panda
Written and Typed by GWN Founder Diane Zhou
My family and GWN Reader Emily Wang's family went to Century Theaters in Union City to watch Kung Fu Panda on Saturday, June 14. People at my school, Ardenwood Elementary, said it was very funny, for young and old. A yard duty parent asked me what the “secret ingredient” was. I told her the next day, but I won't tell you what it is, watch the movie for yourself!
Kung Fu Panda is basically about an enemy, Tai Lang, who got out of prison and wanted a scroll so he could be the Dragon Warrior. He used to be a good Master's son, but when he mastered Kung Fu and was ready to be the Dragon Warrior, Master Turtle, the great Kung Fu master, sensed darkness inside Tai Lang. Tai Lang got angry and crazy so Master Turtle had to trap him. Now, since Tai Lang was free and Master Turtle was becoming weak, he needed to find the chosen one. It happened to be a big fat panda named Po. See the movie to know how things went...
Turtie was very happy that he, the turtle, was a master! There was tons of laughing during the movie. I really enjoyed the movie too!

GWN interviewed Diane and some other people:
GWN: How did you like Kung Fu Panda? Rate it from A through F.
Diane Zhou: Kung Fu Panda was very interesting. It was fun and I was laughing like every 5 seconds! I would rate it an A- or B+. The movie was pretty original, having Kung Fu and a lot of Chinese in it. I love the part where the turtle is the wise one!
Shudong Zhou: B
Carol Zhang: A (Assume A is the best)
Alex Zhou: A
GWN: Was it really funny? What was the funniest part?
Diane: It was totally funny! I think the funniest part was...well, the whole thing! I really remember the part where the panda stole the cookies and when the he always thought of food. I also remember when he sat right on top of Tai Lang.
Shudong: Panda makes a face because of acupuncture.
Carol: Yes, it is really funny. Funniest part: When Tai Lung saw Po, he said: Hm, a panda, what are you going to do with me? Sit on me?
Alex: It was very funny. The funniest part was when Po made Tia Lunghigh into the air and when he came down and made a hole.
GWN: What was the secret ingredient? What had to be done to be the Dragon Warrior or even the be a great cook? *****
GWN: Which character in the movie would you like to be? Why?
Diane: I might want to be the turtle. He is wise, and I like turtles. I might also want to be Tigress. I would certainly NOT want to be the Panda. I like him in the sense that he is funny, but I don't want to be fat, even if that would make me a hero.
Shudong: Wugui, wise and powerful.
Carol: Po, of course. He is funny, enthusiasm, never give up. Good role model for us.
Alex: Po because he is funny.
GWN: Thanks for taking the interview!
If you would like to take the interview, email to GWN, along with your name, the questions, and your answers. You will receive one ticket for taking the interview!

***** What was the “secret ingredient”? Guess, or if you watched the movie, tell us about the secret ingredient. Email to: GingerbreadWklyNews@gmail.com by June 27th. You will receive one ticket for guessing and one more if your answer is correct.

No comments: