“Go Local!”

“Go Local!” is GWN's motto, starting from May 27, 2008, a motto started by GWN Founder Diane Zhou's dad. “So many big chain companies, like McDonald's, own newspapers that turned from local to national or worldwide. That loses the meaning of 'local news', so I support GWN,” Diane's dad told GWN. GWN is being motivated by this motto. Without it, GWN would have disappeared long ago in November, 2007!

Mail Pail

War in Iraq, Worth It?
“No, it is DEFINITELY not worth it!! California's government even cut money from the schools to support the war!! Now most teachers and students are suffering from it!!! I'll be SOOO glad when he goes out of office.” Brigitte Gong, 5th grade
“No, Iraq didn't do anything to America.” Deanna Wong, 5th grade
“No, it is not worth spending money on wars. We should have peace in this world!” Susan Pham, 5th grade
“I don't think it's worth it to spend all that money! The money could be used for more important things like education.” Cynthia Yao, 5th grade
“No, of course not! George W. Bush is the worst president ever! He's sending young and old soldiers to a pointless war and many lives are lost.” Cynthia Kuo, 5th grade
“I don't think spending a lot of money for the war isn't worth it. I don't even think there should be wars. If you want something from another country, ask them politely first. If they won't give it to you, then just leave them alone. It belongs to them so they can do whatever they want with it.” Chloris Li, 5th grade
“No, it's not worth it.” Emily Wang, 4th grade
“No, I don't even see the point of having a war in Iraq.” Nicole Sun, 5th grade
“Bush stated two reasons for Iraq war. (1) Iraq had something to do with 9/11; (2) Iraq has weapons of mass destruction. Both reasons are false, so the war is unjustified, even if it cost no money for U.S.” Shudong Zhou, adult

Best Movie:
“I liked Prince Caspian the best. I loved all the action and adventure!” Brigitte Gong, 5th grade
“Prince Caspian, it looks interesting.” Deanna Wong, 5th grade
“I think Prince Caspian sounds more interesting than the other movies.” Susan Pham, 5th grade
“Prince Caspian. I watched the first one and I wanted to find out what would happen next.” Cynthia Kuo, 5th grade; Katherine Cui, 5th grade; and Sara Ye, 4th grade
“I think I will like Prince Caspian the best since it is a family movie and I liked the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe which was from the Chronicles of Narnia. I never read the book or saw the movie but I will. I will want to see if the movie is really better than the book.” Chloris Li, 5th grade
“I want to watch Indiana Jones or Iron Man.” Emily Wang, 4th grade
“I liked Indiana Jones the best, followed by Prince Caspian.” Shudong Zhou, adult

No comments: