“Go Local!”

“Go Local!” is GWN's motto, starting from May 27, 2008, a motto started by GWN Founder Diane Zhou's dad. “So many big chain companies, like McDonald's, own newspapers that turned from local to national or worldwide. That loses the meaning of 'local news', so I support GWN,” Diane's dad told GWN. GWN is being motivated by this motto. Without it, GWN would have disappeared long ago in November, 2007!

Mail Pail

Favorite Place:
“My favorite place is Canada. In fact, I am going there on June 30th. My cousins and mostly everyone from my mom's side is there. I will meet my cousin over there and stay with a lot of people.” Laymeh Rahmanzai, almost 6th grade
“My favorite place to go is definitely California Adventures, Disneyland's sister park. It has some of the best rides!! =)” Brigitte Gong, almost 6th grade
“My favorite place to go is my grandma's house. I get to see my cousins.” Deanna Wong, almost 6th grade
“My favorite place is Great America. I would like to go there for 4th of July.” Susan Pham, almost 6th grade
“I think my favorite place is Home Sweet Home. Nothing is more soothing, loving, comfortable, or as important as a home. I always enjoy sleeping on my bed after a long vacation.” Diane Zhou, almost 6th grade

Divide Score?
“I think GWN should divide the scores since there are 2 people working on it together and they are most likely to get more words.” Chela Abregana, almost 6th grade
“Yes, two people did it. You should divide it by 1.5.” Deanna Wong, almost 6th grade
“I think you should divide scores, because that way, it will be fair to both of them.” Cynthia Yao, almost 6th grade
“I think you should divide their score by 2. Or, they can do separate entries. Yes, I think it is fair to divide the score by 1.25 if they get 100 or more points.” Susan Pham, almost 6th grade
“No because it doesn't really matter.” Emily Wang, almost 5th grade

No comments: