“Go Local!”

“Go Local!” is GWN's motto, starting from May 27, 2008, a motto started by GWN Founder Diane Zhou's dad. “So many big chain companies, like McDonald's, own newspapers that turned from local to national or worldwide. That loses the meaning of 'local news', so I support GWN,” Diane's dad told GWN. GWN is being motivated by this motto. Without it, GWN would have disappeared long ago in November, 2007!

Mail Pail

Debate Time (STAR Testing):
“I think the STAR Testing was OK...Honestly, I think the hardest was English, then Science, and finally math. During the STAR Testing, I was scared I will fill in the bubbles too messily! =-O I forgot my score last year but this year I think I will get above average like always for math. Science was easy! I rate it 6.” Chloris Li, 5th grade
“I think that the start test was easy this year. I might get around...92%. Last year, I forgot my score. I think the science part was the easiest. I would rate it a 4.” Susan Pham, 5th grade
“Rating: 5, Last year my score was 88%. I think I will get around 90%. The science test was easy.” Deanna Wong, 5th grade
“STAR testing was kind of easy. I like it about a 6. Since I'm in 2nd grade, I didn't even take the test last year. I think I will get around 95%.” Alex Zhou, 2nd grade
“I would rate it “5”. The science was pretty hard.” Cynthia Yao, 5th grade
“5. We got to skip math lab :-). I don't like math lab.” Nicole Sun, 5th grade
“1. I hate STAR testing. Medium.” Vicky Sun, 5th grade
“I felt very confident on the STAR testing. Even though I had to take 8th grade math, it seemed pretty easy! I probably would get a 500 or above. At least, I hope so. :)” Tiffany Chen, 7th grade
“10, it's cool, funny, and awesome! Everything's so EASY! Last year I got a 600 on both math and language. Yay me!” Nicole Tong, 5th grade
“I think the Star Testing was very stressful because my mom made me do lots of tests.” Nicholas Lien, 4th grade
“9, because it's kinda boring. I got 600 on reading last year but I am not sure I will this year. Now I'm better at math.” Olivia Li, 4th grade

GWN Notes:
“I like Turtie's Kitchen. Tickets are okay, since Diane is my sister. It doesn't matter if I want to be hired or not (I don't really want to) because my mom makes me write for GWN and I don't like writing.” Alex Zhou, 2nd grade
“Happy Birthday GWN! I love Turtie's Kitchen, my mom loved making the chocolate chip cookies, so did I! I went [to the Chinese Rock'n Roll] too! It was weird. I gave my mom roses, chocolate, and a a lot of other things [on Mother's Day]. She loved it. We also invited her to eat sushi, too! My grandparents are coming back on Memorial Day. Happy Birthday Tiffany, even though I don't know you!” Nicole Tong, 5th grade

Comments on “Sean” (by Chloris Li)
“Nice story! It was short and simple to the point.” Tiffany Chen, 7th grade
“I loved the story 'Sean', it's touching.” Nicole Tong, 5th grade

No comments: