“Go Local!”

“Go Local!” is GWN's motto, starting from May 27, 2008, a motto started by GWN Founder Diane Zhou's dad. “So many big chain companies, like McDonald's, own newspapers that turned from local to national or worldwide. That loses the meaning of 'local news', so I support GWN,” Diane's dad told GWN. GWN is being motivated by this motto. Without it, GWN would have disappeared long ago in November, 2007!

New News

Spider Scare
“Ahhhh! Oh my god, Diane! There's a spider on your eyelash!” A tiny spider was hanging on Diane Zhou's eyelash, dangling in front of her eyes. That was at lunch one day in school. Diane violently shook the spider off and it went around, on everyone. GWN interviewed the people who experienced the “Spider Scare”.
GWN: Was the experience scary? Rate it from 1 to 10.
Chloris Li (C): It was annoying. I hated it when it walked on my pants! Rating:6.
Deanna Wong (D): It was scary and funny! Rating:7
Emily Wang (E): It was actually creepy... and funny. 4
Cynthia Yao (CY): I thought it was scary! 7
Nicole Sun (N): Kind of ... maybe 4.
Vicky Sun (V): Yes. I'd rate it 7.
Diane Zhou (DZ): Scary, freaky...and funny too! It went on my eyelash! So I'd rate it a 7 or 8.
Do you wish you could have a “replay” of that experience?
C: Only the part when it was on Diane's eyelash.
N: Maybe...I don't care.
CY: Of course! It was funny when Diane found out the spider was on her eyelash.
E: Yeah, Duh. It was hecka funny!
D: Yes, it was very funny.
V: I don't know. I don't really care.
DZ: Not on my eyelash part! But yes, the rest of it “playing” spider, I'd want a replay.
Did the spider touch you?
C: Yes on my pants and my shoes. I don't know about my food though.
V: The spider didn't touch me, but Cynthia put it on my jacket.
N: No, I moved to a different area.
E: No, but I got it on a nacho chip.
D: No, I ran away.
CY: No, it didn't touch me, but it touched Vicky's jacket!
DZ: Of course! On my eyelash...hanging...so maybe it didn't touch me but it used something to touch me.
GWN: Thank you all for taking our interview!

Events:

  • Young Author's Celebration: April 18th Ardenwood Elementary School's Young Author's celebration is on April 18th. Hope you did well on your story!
  • Green Grass Open House: April 18th Green Grass's (Diane and Amanda's afterschool) Open House date is on April 18th too! Results for many contests will be out. Hope Diane Zhou and Amanda Chang did super well!
  • STAR Testing: April 28th STAR testing for everyone 2nd to 6th graders starts on April 28th. The countdown begins! GWN hopes everyone will do well. Study, study, study!

No comments: